Friday 15 March 2013

Overnight oats

 So, I've been hearing so much buzz about overnight oats lately I had to try them. I always prepare my meals the night before I go to work, so I was super excited about this new weapon to add to my breakfast arsenal. I usually just have Greek yogurt with fruit and nuts, but overnight oats took my go-to meal to a new level of yummy. Nutritional info is at the bottom of the post.


OVERNIGHT OATS 
1/4 c. quick oats
1/4 c. Greek yogurt (full fat is the only way to go)
1/4 c. milk, 2%
1/2 c. frozen or fresh fruit (I used frozen mixed berries)
2 Tbsp. walnuts

1. Mix the first three ingredients together in a mason jar.
2. Top with fruit and nuts.
3. Stick it in the fridge overnight.

When you eat it in the morning, just stir everything together and ENJOY. It's sooo good. You can substitute any type of yogurt, milk, fruit or nuts.

Ready to eat
Gorgeous, right?
My recipe has 331 calories, 36 g carbs, 18 g fat and 10 g protein. I enjoy my full-fat foods way more than I should, but you could easily cut fat and add protein by using nonfat yogurt and milk and adding some sort of protein powder. 



No comments:

Post a Comment