Sunday, 17 February 2013
THAI CURRY VEGETABLE SOUP
Easy Thai soup! With the broth, coconut milk, ginger, curry paste and Sriracha sauce, you get a delicious Thai flavor. I had some kick ass homemade chicken broth, so that may have helped. You can put pretty much anything in the soup. The black beans were a bit odd, but I had to use them up.
3 cups chicken broth
2 tsp. chopped ginger
1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
1 cup raw squash, chopped
3/4 cup coconut milk
1 heaping Tbsp. red curry paste
1/2 cup black beans
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
1 tsp. Sriracha sauce
1. Bring the broth and ginger to a boil over high heat. Add the potato and squash; cook until soft (about 20 minutes). Turn heat to med-low.
2. Add the coconut milk and curry paste. Stir until warm.
3. Add beans, frozen vegetables and Sriracha sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes without bringing to a boil.
BLACK BEAN BREAKFAST BURRITO
1 whole wheat tortilla
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 cup black beans, cooked
1 Tbsp. shredded cheese
2 Tbsp. chopped lettuce
2 Tbsp. chopped tomatoes
1 heaping Tbsp. Greek yogurt
1 heaping Tbsp. salsa
1. Heat up the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the beans and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the egg and mash the beans and egg together. When the egg is fully cooked, sprinkle the mixture with cheese, remove from heat and cover while you prepare the rest.
2. Mix the Greek yogurt and salsa together. Heat up the tortilla.
3. Assembly! Put all of the ingredients on the tortilla and enjoy!
MUSHROOM, HONEY AND BLUE CHEESE ENGLISH MUFFIN
We had some leftover mushrooms, onions and garlic that were sauteed for steaks. I made a delicious toasted muffin for lunch with the rest of it.
1 half of an English muffin, toasted
1/4 c. mushrooms, onions and garlic sauteed in butter
1 Tbsp. honey
2 tsp. blue cheese
1. Spread the honey on the English muffin.
2. Mix the warm mushrooms with the blue cheese.
3. Broil for 1 minute until the cheese starts to melt.