Saturday 15 September 2012

Spring rolls with satay sauce

So, I've wanted to make spring rolls for FOREVER. I've had them a few times but never got around to making them, until now. I was pleasantly surprised by how easy they were! I do admit this is the one time I wish I had children--to do the insane amount of prep work for these (chopping, slicing, grating...)

Anyways, here's my recipe! Enjoy!

SPRING ROLLS

8 rice paper wrappers
4 large carrots, grated
1 cucumber, grated
2 avocados, chopped
1.5 cups bean sprouts
2 cups egg noodles, cooked
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
fresh ginger, finely chopped (mix this in with the cucumber)

SATAY

3 Tbsp. peanut butter, unsweetened
1/2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
ginger, finely chopped
1 tsp. sriracha sauce
1 tsp. soy sauce

1. Combine all the satay ingredients together over low heat (a whisk helps). Once they are all combined, slowly stir boiling water in until the sauce is a dipping consistency. Set sauce aside.
2. Dip the rice papers in cold water, one at a time, and let sit for a minute or two until sticky.
3. Place equal amounts of all the veggies in each rice paper. I also drizzled each roll with soy sauce, lemon juice and sriracha to give them a little flavor. Then, fold up like a burrito.
4. Dip in the satay sauce and enjoy! Yummy.




q


No comments:

Post a Comment