I made this meal for a Skype dinner date with my boyfriend. I modified it a little bit to feature lemon--a nice zip during the winter, when that summery taste of farm-fresh fruits and veggies is tragically missing. Here is the original recipe (in Dutch).
This recipe has a lot of components, so here's a road map of what the final product looks like--helps you keep perspective :)
You assemble it like this:
Bottom half of toasted bun-->lemon zucchini-->chicken burger-->tuna salad-->top half toasted bun
The remaining lemon zucchini is served on the side with the sweet potato spears.
Recommended order of cooking:
2: Put a liter of water on the stove to boil--you'll need it for blanching the zucchini.
3: Zest and juice a lemon (needed for every component in this recipe).
4: Prepare the chicken burgers. While they're cooking, you can whip up the tuna salad and finish the zucchini.
So, without further ado, here's the recipe :)
with zucchini and baked sweet potato spears
1 chicken breast, finely shredded (I used a food processor)
Zest of half a lemon
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. canola oil for frying
1. Mix all the ingredients well and form into two patties.
2. Heat oil in frying pan over med-high heat.
3. Add burgers and fry for about 4 minutes on each side.
1 5-oz. can tuna in oil, drained
3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. capers (without juice)
A handful of chopped onions
Zest of half a lemon
1. Mix all of the ingredients well.
2. Put in food processor and mince finely, until the capers are no longer little round guys.
|Thinly sliced, y'all!|
Juice of half a lemon
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. First, blanch the zucchini. Put the thinly sliced pieces in a colander and pour at least one liter of boiling water over them. That's it! You're done cooking them!
2. Allow the zucchini to drain well, then toss with the rest of the ingredients. Set aside.
Toast the bun. Layer a few pieces of the lemon zucchini on the bottom half of the bun. Top with the chicken burger and a couple scoops of the tuna salad. Serve remaining zucchini on the side with the sweet potato fries (drizzled with the remaining lemon juice).